Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Andy

Ok, so it seems nearly everyone on here is a pet lover. As I am too I decided to dedicate this post to my dog: Andy. He is a 5lb half yorkie and half pomeranian. I just adore him and love to rough house, wrestle, and play with him. I would even say I would be lost without him now. He is almost 3 and I have had him since he was about 6 weeks old. It's kind-of a funny story how I got him. I was at work one Saturday afternoon when my parents called and said I needed to come home after work...they had something for me. Considering I didnt live with my parents, I thought this was strange. So, I get home from work and they had bought me a dog!!!! I had not had a dog since I was a little boy, plus I was working like 60 hrs a week ( rest mgr ) and didnt think I would be able to devote enough time to him. But I loved him instantly and kept him. He is a once in a lifetime dog. As a mix of two other breeds, you know. I spend most of my time wanting to choke him...he is very stubborn, doesnt come when you call him, and will bite if you even try to pick him up. I usually bribe him with treats. This action must be taken when trying to coax him into the bedroom or even to go outside to potty. Man, he does seem a lot like me after all. :) At least he's cute, so that makes all of his short-coming tolerable. And as I said earlier, life would be awful lonely without him.

2 comments:

Justin said...

i agree with both of you...i just wish he would behave sometimes.

Kelli said...

Awh..that was a sweet post. My dog is a one of a kind too..he is half chiuahuah and half either jack russell or rat terrier.

Rickey doesnt behave either. He acts like he has no idea what his name is sometimes. He is only half potty trained and occasionally he likes to tear shit up. But I wouldnt trade him for anything.


Now why cant someone love me like I love my dog? Despite all my annoying shit? Who knows.