I had my family Christmas thing at my house this year. It was very nice and went off without a hitch, no drama or anything. It was great. I love playing host mostly so I do not have to lug my gifts to and from home. I simply help others carry their gifts in when they arrive.
I had the house decorated really festive and had tons of great food. I started off with lots of simple appetizers like cheese and crackers, a veg tray with dip, and other assorted finger foods. My sister's b-day is Christmas Eve so she always chooses what we have for dinner. It's always fried chicken...she loves my grandma's fried chicken so I did not have to cook. I sat on the couch and watched tv and chatted up my sister ( the super model looking nurse. ) I played with the kids and had a nice time. We didnt open gifts until late in the afternoon but I was excited to watch the kids open all the presents they received. I manned down the video camera this year too. I must have been a pretty good boy bcs I did get spoiled. Again. I usually just get gift cards and cash bcs I am kind-of hard to buy for. I like to pick out my own clothes and do not usually like anything for my house that someone else picks out (sorry but I have my own taste!!)
This year was no exception, I got some gift cards, cologne, a nose hair trimmer ( gross, I know but it MUST be done) some bath and body works stuff, and my mom did get me a sweater just like the one I picked out from her for my b-day just a different color. I was really proud of her for getting me an article of clothing that I liked and that fits me correctly. All in all I would say my family Christmas this year was lovely. Of course no one makes out like grams, she is the oldest and everyone always get her really nice gifts. I got her a standing lamp that has an additional reading lamp that she can adjust for adequate lighting for reading when she's in bed. She reads for at least an hour each night before she goes to sleep. It's kinda weird how well I know her and her habits...but we have lived together for over 15 years. She is the one constant figure in my life and cant imagine who or how I would be today if it was not for her and love and support. I love her more than she will ever know. Ok, I kind-of got off the subject for a second but I do love my grams. I always tease Daniel (my super model nurse sister's nine year old son, my nephew) that she's my grandma and he always gets a little upset bcs they are really close too. It's weird how she works her spell on generation after generation. We are all very lucky to have someone like her in our lives....
Ok, I need to go, I am at work after all and need to do some work. I hope all of you had as nice a Christmas as I did and wish you all a happy, safe, and prosperouse New Year.
Much love, Justin
No comments:
Post a Comment