Wednesday, September 06, 2006

SO MUCH BETTER

Physical therapy, as it turns out has really helped. I mean tremendously. I was skeptical in the beginning but it has given me more relief than any of the $500,000 worth of prescribed narcotics I take each day. My therapist, Beth, has me do some stretches, exercises, and then she does a really cold spray stuff and stretches each of my back muscles using her hands and having me move into different positions. Wow, if only I had known about this weeks ago! Or even months...damn all that wasted time being in pain. And wasted money getting shots from the specialist and then the missed days at work recooping from the shots. I have only had three sessions with Beth so far and anticipate being "cured" by the eighth and final session. PT is so worth the insurance co-pay of $30. Hell, I would pay $50 knowing how well it's working for me. I do not like doing the stretches or exercises at home but I am going to start doing them more frequently now. I just dont feel like I am doing them correctly or perhaps it's bcs I am down on the floor doing them??? Not sure...all I know is that I am going to start making myself do them in the evenings at least.

Stay tuned for a post later that IS NOT back related!!!! Oh my gosh, I know...it's been so long since I have any thing else on my mind or in my life for that matter.

No comments: