The unthinkable happened today...
My beloved little sweetheart Dodger got killed by our neighbors dogs like my Brownie did last March. This time was much, much worse though. I happen to be out in the backyard this morning picking up trash and stuff. I heard a really loud yelp and turned around and only saw Cookie. I ran over to the fence and jumped up and saw Dodger in their yard. I jumped over the fence and their dogs ran off and my precious little sweetheart was lying there on the ground. He was still breathing and I could not get him back over the privacy fence without hurting him so I yelled for R to come outside and help. By the time he got out there and we got him over to our side he was gone. I was so devastated...I could not let him go. I carried him around forever wrapped up in a towel. I just could not bear the thought that he was gone. Now, I cant stand the thought that he is outside down in the cold ground all alone without me. I miss him so much already. I am so in shock that this shit happened again. I hate that I was outside right when it all happened but I could not do anything to help him bcs I didnt get to him in time. He layed there and died right in front of me just like Brownie and killed by the same dog too. Man, talk about a rough day.
The worst part is that L was here for it too. This was our weekend with him. He was in the house with R when it actually happened thankfully. He was very upset and cried a lot...just like we all did...especially when we buried him. It hurts so much to have lost another pet. This is my third in the last year or so. First was Andy...who I blogged about back in 2006. Then Brownie...we could not save him even though we took him immediately to the vet...but he still died in my arms. And now today, Dodger. I wish I had picked him up so he would not have died laying on the ground. I didnt know he would go so quickly. This is the saddest part to all that has happened to my lately. I saved him from a lady who had big dogs that picked on him and thought I was keeping him safe but it didnt happen that way. R had just fixed the fence last weekend so we had no idea there was a new hole...he had filled it in last weekend too.
The police came ( for the third time this month. ) And so did animal control. There is nothing they will really do since there is no city ordinance about dog on dog violence. We can sue them but that will most likely cost more than we will get in damages anyway. Overall, I dont care about getting money from them. I just want them to pay attention and keep up on the fence maintence. They said they would put their electric fence back up. I hope so bcs I am scared for Cookie to be out there. I would not be able to handle something happening to Cookie. He is my baby and he has always been... He usually wants little or nothing to do with anyone else but me. Daschaunds are like that. They pick one person and cling to them...or at least that is what I read online about them. I was that person to Brownie and Dodger too. I am the one that cares for their needs so it was natual they would choose me...plus I spent the most time with them.
So, to sum up. In the last couple weeks:
My house was broken into and all my jewelry was stolen...along with other things too.
My marriage almost collapsed and I got into a physical fight with R and the police came.
My marriage has been horrible since getting back together and I dont know if it can be saved.
My dog got murdered right in front of my eyes.
There is not much more I can handle right now...and am hoping for some peace and calmness...
Justin, sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment