Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cookie

In all the great things that have happened to me lately they have all been overshadowed by the weight of losing my dog Cookie. He has not passed away yet but he has received a grim diagnosis. He has a disc issue right in the center of his backbone. We are currently, and unsuccessfully treating him with steroids and pain meds but he is only getting worse. There is a surgical alternative but its almost 4000 dollars. I actually do have the money but it could be a waste as the surgery is not a guarantee.

This is so hard...it will be the fourth dog I have buried in five yrs. Whoever said losing a loved one is better than never loving at all obviously didnt have a dog.

The hardest part is that while I am many different things to many different people, I am the most important to Cookie. He is the only one in my life who doesnt put someone else before me and I will miss him terribly.


Justin, deeply saddened

No comments: