Monday, August 02, 2010

summer is almost over...

and I am kinda glad. I am over being hot and sweaty all the time. At work and at home...

Things are going pretty good for me lately...

Work is busy enough not to drag on but not overwhelmingly so...at least for now. I had to fire someone who I at one time considered to be a friend, but oh well better him than me. Other than that work is just fine.

Home is good too. Our vacation this year to Kansas City was great. We went to Worlds of Fun again and it was actually better the second time around...it was Luke's idea and we like to make him happy. Things are good with me and Rod...theres been a few hick-ups lately but nothing we cant get past. Our flowers and foliage has not done as well this year. Or, maybe its just our
opinion as we have such high expectations for everything. We are seriously going to revise our plan for next year so there is less watering for us. I was all gung-ho at the beginning of the summer but now its on my nerves.

Oh, did I mention I got a new car? Hell, yes I did. I sold my PT Cruiser on craigslist and made a little money. I loved that car but it was going to have some serious issues down the line and plus it really drank the gas with the air running. So, I got a 2007 Scion tc with only 28k miles. Its grey with the sunroof and spoiler I have always wanted on a car. It also has a nice bumping subwoofer in the truck too. I absolutely love it!!! My payment went up about $4 a month and my insurance only $12 a month...so it worked out great. Better than I hoped for actually. I cried when I sold the cruiser bcs it meant a lot to me but it was def time to let her go.

No comments: