Yesterday morning my precious dachshund Brownie was attacked by our neighbor's great dane. He died shortly after while I was holding him in the vet's office. We could have tried the surgery but the vet was not optimistic about it. It would have been a long and painful recovery even if he made it thru the surgery. There just wasnt much we could do except sit there holding him so he would not die alone. He died with his momma and hope he knows how much I loved him. He was the sweetest little guy and Cookie and I both miss him terribly.
We fixed the fence so this will never happen again. As soon as we left the vet's office without our dog R went into Home Depot and came out with supplies to fix the fence...we thought the holes were covered. They looked that way from our side but the people on the other side had placed a tire in one of the holes to patch it. Of course their huge dogs can move a tire. My poor little guy didnt stand a chance against them.
I went last night and got a new dog. I got him mostly for Cookie, who has never been alone. He and Brownie were from the same litter and never separated. It broke him heart to see him searching and looking out the back door for his brother. So far Cookie wont accept the new dog...but I am hoping with time he will. The new dog is a mini dachshund. He looks just like Cookie except only half his size. He has some issues peeing in the house...he likes to hike his leg and pee to mark his territory a lot. I can break him of that shit but if Cookie doesnt accept him, he will have to go. I just hope it all works out.
Other than that, things are ok. R and I are getting along. I think the loss of our dog yesterday brought us closer. It's sad that something like that happened but at least we had each other.
Justin, missing his special boy Brownie.
No comments:
Post a Comment